Sunday, October 13, 2013

An Afterthought

It has been a long time since I posted anything because I felt there has not been anything worthwhile for me to post. I am currenlty sitting in the school library studying for midterms with my water bottle, protein bar and diet coke all near me. Thank God 

I have been away for the past week and damage was done. Vacation and dieting to me are insane usually when I go away with just my parents I am able to plan ahead because they always choose healthy restaurants and ALWAYS include me in on the planning. That way I have some smeblance of control. I always look up places on my ipad or iphone before I go and I plan around that. Weight Watchers teaches us this tool and you stick to your plan. 

The first part of the trip was different it was my cousins wedding, I was the maid of honor and had no choice as to what was already pre planned. My aunt had ordered food for us months ago and I was told I was having chicken and fish that was it. Well I did not expect it to be unhealthy versions of chicken and fish. 

Air travel and dieitng is a nightmare. You are held hostage by security restrictions usually, but this time I was rather lucky as my Mother is recovering from an auto immune flare and uses a wheelchair to go long distances and was considered disabled by the airline. I was her designated companion which meant I was able to go through with her through TSA. As I was being federally violated I realized something my protein bars got through as did my almonnds from home and my huge ass tub of purell. But I only had enough for the morning.  My father has the rest of my snacks in his bag and they were confiscated cause he was not my Moms designated companion. 

After we went through we were treated like royalty and my Mom desrves this treatment. After all the good she gave out over the years as being a teacher and most of all an amazing Mom to me. Well we got bumped off our fligth and moved onto another airline. So we left earleier than usual and HAD no food or stop over. We had planned our meals around this. So I was stuck eating airline food.. gross 

The next day was the bridesmaid brunch and we went to this place I was late as my hotel was out of the city and everyone was staying there later on in the weekend we had booked there already. I wasd riving the rental car with my Dad and were late and since it was brunch and my cousin is type a and she had things to do she ordered for me. Fried French toast I ate it and itwas amazing but it was fatenning. 

So we go  on the rest of the day I go back to the hotel and then it is time for the rehearsal dinner. It was pre planned so I had chicken but tons of carbs and too much booze 

The day of the wedding was rough too but I pulled through. 

The rest of the vacation was ok... 

Where I am going with this is that dieting while away is difficult. It would have been easier to be on product or something. 
I did ok only came back with a five lb gain 

No comments:

Post a Comment