Saturday, September 28, 2013

Life After Liquid The Food Back in the Equation My Story

One of my facebook friends openly admits her anxiety when it comes to dieting and maintaing her loss. I abolsutely understand, when I gained thirty pounds back I was so upset but I am trudging a long an keeping on going. I have kept 50 off. I just hate it because clothes that used to fit are a little tight but I am NOT a 26 anymore which is great and my other clothes are starting to fit.

Anxiety is an emotion I know all too well as I suffer from GAD that is debilitating at times and am treated for it since I was a teen and child. Right now my current obession is that I have too many pens on my desk in my pen holder ( bad office supply habit) so in the middle of my homework I ordered a new desk organizer from amazon, I swear my family keeps that place in buisness.

I am thinking about what has happened to me over the past few months and how most people would have become a complete mess of themselves an binge eat. I never was a binge eater at all, even at my heaviest I WAS NEVER a binge eater. I was the type of person that would eat, work out and then have a burger so the weight would pile on.
Now I am not that person anymore. Optifast taught me to eat healthfully and mindfully. In the beginning of the plan I was the model patient, I followed plan to a tea and lost and lost and even made it into my doctors success stories. Then it happened I got cocky, hey I did this I can have food it all started with a nibble of this or a nibble of that. And then the self sabotage talk started at night when my anxiety is at its height before meds kick in 

" I am going to be good tomororw, I promise myself." 
" Back on ff".
Then my Mother would turn to me and tell me shut up. And I would then revert into a child for god sakes I am an intelligen woman. I knew deep down in my heart the plan was not working for me but I am the type of person that has to come to decisions on her own. 
Every week I dilligently went to clinic and tried and tried but my body craved food good any type of food. 
Mostly this type of food , even before when I was almost 330lbs I NEVER ate this type of food that much. Now I found myself picking at it and just gorging myself I mean binging on anything I could get my hands on
I knew there was a problem.  

Fast forward to June thirty pounds gained and I and lost my job. I woke up the next day and signed up for Weight Watchers and told my clinic I was not coming back. They fought and fought to get me to come back I said I am DONE, I will come back if I ever need too but I am done. In the end it I almost UNDID a years worth of hard work. I knew something had to change. So I got on to my laptop and typed in www.weightwatchers.com. I signed up and that was it. 

I felt alive again I could eat food! I skipped breakfast had my last optifast product grabbed my keys and Moms CC and went to the store. I loaded up on fresh fruits, veggies, Quest Protein Bars, Egg Whites, Whole Grain Bread, WW products. I had to relearn how to shop again and even cook I am NOT lying. 

WhenI came home I said screw this I am done. I sold my optifast supplies and did not look back.  And here I am two monhs later and 8lbs down. I am so happy with weight watchers if you eat a bit more one day you get right back on the next day and there is no rapid gain. I felt with Optifast that if I ate even a morsel of chicken I gained weight which was true. 

Gone are the following for me 
1. HAVE NOT BINGED ONCE! 
2. According to my Italian Mother my color is back 
3. I am working out six days a week
4. I still incorporate shakes and protein bars into my diet as snacks or breakfast 
5. I am trainin harder than ever again 
6.  I feel alive 

My Honest Opinopn on Optifast ( Dont Shoot Me) 
Optifast is a great plan is you are severly over weight as I was. But it is meant to be a short term solution and I should have joined a different clinic. My clinic was not comprehensive, I had to look elsewhere for support and thank god I had that. It was weigh in buy product. I feel someitmes it is about the money and that the doctors do not have the training. I noticed people coming back year after year after year trying this and keep on trying it. One time as much as I love my Opti Doc, she said to me that I should try therapy I looked right at her and said I AM A ON MEDS! She should have known that. Not anyone is gonna prescribe ADHD meds. Then this same person then ran bloods and through I had a problem with my estrogen and I could be pregnant she knew I was on BC pills! 


No comments:

Post a Comment