Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Little Bit about Me and Life After Liquid

The title of this blog came to me on the elliptical this morning.. and I was thinking about how FAR I have come from the the 330lb girl I used to be. As I was trudging away I thought to myself wow I have come far and I still have  aways to go but I HAVE come far!

It has taken me a long time to get this point in my life and I have to say I could not be happier with my health outcomes. Weight has always been an issue for me in my life and no matter what I tried to do I finally am winning the battle.

After, deciding to do Optifast and losing a whopping 81lbs, I thought I could beat the system and eat what I wanted well 30lbs crept back on making my total net loss 50lbs I MEAN that still is incredible. As some of my other Optifast and Weight Loss friends say once you catch a gain it is good to act on it. For me there were a lot extenuating circumstances in my life that unfortunately lead to the gain. I was trying to do the optifast going between full fast and partial fast and I could not do it any more.

It was getting expensive and unhealthy

I AM NOT saying Optifast does work it works it actually does work well. But lets all not be delusional here most of us who lose weight will gain it back and I want to be out of the 5 percent.

So I am going to list my health problems that were caused by Optifast

1. Emergency Surgery
2. No money its expensive
3. Pickle eating
4 Binges non stop binges toward the end

I had started out really strong and even recruited a good friend from grad school onto it as well. She stopped it before her wedding she is returning to school in the fall to do her Doctorate and she goes to me last night on Facebook Chat " Katie does it even really?"

It got me thinking that there has to be a life after liquid...

No comments:

Post a Comment